You may have guessed by now that I love my Romfh Sarafina Euro Seat breeches, and that I have a few pairs. I even briefly wrote about them in a post about summer riding attire. Carey of Me Jump Pretty One Day recommended them to me, and I am so glad she did! Now, I’d like to give them their own well-deserved spotlight, as there are many reasons to love these breeches, and I think they have broad appeal across disciplines. I’m doing this post as a numbered list so I can stay organized and keep track of all the reasons these breeches are so fantastic …
The fit of the Sarafina breeches is generous, as the material is very stretchy, yet doesn’t lose its shape, even after many wearings and washings. For comparison, I wear a 28R in Trophy Hunters, and these are less snug in the waist area for me, are longer in length, and don’t chafe anywhere. I could probably even squeeze into a 26R in these breeches, but I like beer and doughnuts, so I’m sticking with a 28R.
2. Fabric: Such sporty and flattering fabric! The fabric conforms to my shape without being clingy. It’s lightweight enough that wearing these in the summer is a no-brainer. The fabric is also substantial enough to hold up to all-day wear around a barn and in the saddle, plus dust just brushes right off. The fabric seems to wick sweat a considerable amount, which is perfect for Texas year-round.
3. Details: So many details really bring a unique look to the Romfh Sarafina breeches, without going so overboard that they distract from the polished picture. The branding is subtle, the sock bottom provides comfort under tall boots, and the contoured waist eliminates any gaping at the back we have all experienced with various other brands.
The wide waistband accommodates the currently popular wide belts, such as the Duftler spur belts, and the signature three belt loops at the center back of the breeches offer an unmistakable visual cue of which breeches I choose to wear so frequently.
4. Color choices: With traditional options such as Navy and Beige and brighter colors like Sea Glass and Orchid, there is a Sarafina color to suit everyone’s tastes, with new colors introduced seasonally. Spruce, a Fall 2016 color, is perfect for cooler weather and pairing with lightweight merino sweaters.
I caught via Instagram some of the Spring 2017 colors introduced at AETA, and there is a light blue that I want ASAP!
5. Two styles: Euro Seat and Full Seat, suitable for hunters, jumpers, eventers, and dressage queens everywhere!
6. Price: They retail at $169, but I see Sarafina Euro Seat breeches for as low as $152 around the web. For the quality, style, and functionality of these breeches, this price is an amazing deal to me. Comparable breeches are closer to, if not more than $200. Romfh Sarafina breeches are available at a number of retailers, so finding a pair for yourself will be easy.