So glad L. at Viva Carlos asks these questions, because some days I need people to give me structure! (see answer to #7)
1. How many pairs of breeches/jods do you own? 12.
2. How many horses have you ridden? I don’t even know. In my teens and 20s, I rode anything and everything I could get my hands on, in addition to my own horses. Up to triple digits, probably.
3. How many trainers have you had? I am on my 6th.
4. How many barns have you ridden at? 4 (Happened to realize the other night that I have been at the same barn for SEVENTEEN years.).
5. What is the name of the horse you consider yourself to have the greatest bond with? Anchor. Eli might get there, though.
6. What is your favorite show name you’ve ever encountered? “Strapless”. Or “Threes and Sevens” ( I loved watching that chestnut on tv! I think Peter Leone rode him? He was a Quarter Horse!–there was always a Budweiser jump and a Sea World jump in the grand prix that ESPN aired.)
7. What do you consider your greatest weakness or flaw in riding? Driftiness/wandering/lack of plan or foresight/lack of mental discipline.
8. What do you consider to be your greatest strength? I think I’ve been riding long enough, and have sat on enough of them, that I can confidently say I can convince pretty hot horses to go quiet(er).
9. Have you ever leased a horse? Yep, Eli.
10. What is the name of the first horse you rode?
Coco, who ultimately was the first horse I showed, too. First blue ribbon on that guy! My first lesson was on a mare named April.