Okay, I’m going to try out this “having goals” thing. It’s not something I’ve done with Eli up until this point because I wasn’t even planning on buying him, until I realized NOT buying him would be a HUGE mistake and I worried too much about what might happen to him if I didn’t buy him. So up until now, if I had any goal at all with him, it was to simply enjoy the ride. But he keeps getting better and better! So here are some goals for October:
1. Jump a 3′ course with NO CHIPS (I always manage to get one in, at least–must stop).
2. Jump a 3’3″ course with no chips (that follows, right?).
3. Accomplish a not-too-embarrassing leg yield at the trot, and get it on film.
4. Get more film of Eli, generally.
5. Ride a lap without stirrups every ride this month.
So, 5 goals seems like a good number …