September’s 10 Questions, from Viva Carlos (I love these monthly 10 questions posts):
1. Is there something you don’t like about your riding?
My hands have minds of their own at times. Hands! Stop picking up the reins in front of the jumps! Right hand! WHAT are you even freaking doing!?
2. Does your horse buck?
Yes. But not too exuberantly under saddle, at least.
3. Is your horse head shy?
Not really, although I still can’t get his ears clipped easily.
4. Favorite barn chore to do?
Cleaning tack. Re-organizing anything. Sweeping.
5. How many times do you ride a week?
I try for 4 to 5 times a week.
6. Who is your favorite pro rider?
Beezie Madden. She’s unstoppable!
7. If one pro rider could train you for one day who would it be?
I’d suck it up and clinic with George Morris. I need to clinic, period. Greg Best periodically clinics at a barn in my area, so I’m considering going to one of those.
8. Favorite Facial Marking?
9. Leg Markings or No Leg Markings?
Leg markings. Give me all the chrome! As long as the markings don’t go over the knees or hocks.
10. Ever broken anything falling off? Yep. A horse fell with me, I broke my elbow without knowing it, got back on, rode a second horse, and didn’t go to the ER until the next day. When I had to get someone to bridle the second horse for me because I couldn’t raise my right arm, I probably should have gone to the ER then.